Candle Making Kit - try something new!
Have a go at making your own soy wax candles with this nifty little craft kit. In true KICA style, you will learn how to make upcycled candles using food tins from your recycling box.
This DIY candle making kit could provide a good parent-child activity (adult supervision is needed for handling the hot wax and fragrance oils). Why not use this fun craft activity to help children learn a little bit more about weighing/measuring and temperature. Maybe even a bit of handwriting practice on the labels too!
Alternatively, why not take some time out to create your own little corner of calm, or send as an eco-friendly gift idea to someone you know who loves crafting.
The candle making kit includes:
- 800g soy wax (enough for two standard sized food cans)
- 70ml of candle fragrance oil
- 2 wicks
- 2 kraft labels
- A pot of Annie Sloan chalk paint*
- Ribbon for decoration*
- Pegs and bamboo sticks for holding wicks in place
- Complete how-to-make instructions
All you need to provide from home is:
- 2 x clean, empty tin cans
- A paint brush or two
- A saucepan and heat proof bowl (for melting the wax)
* Note: Decorative ribbon colour can vary from kit to kit. Paint colour may also be different to that shown in the pictures. Typically a pale pink or pale blue are supplied.
This item is:
Handmade | Upcycled | Eco-friendly | Vegan Friendly